ICA SF is thrilled to announce we are bringing back Meantime, activations of the museum with workshops, performances, and pop-ups for July & August 2023, and expanding the program to include artist residencies and educational workshops.
In spring 2021, before the museum officially opened, we shared our space through a series of pop-ups and takeovers called Meantime, as we consistently heard from our participants that access to space was critical. The ICA SF is dedicated to nimbly responding to current events, particularly those that impact surrounding communities. In the spirit of reciprocity and collaboration, our goal is to build relationships with a variety of communities in the Bay Area, in hopes of fostering lasting partnerships.
We are prioritizing residency proposals where artists are actively making new work and focused on public engagement and activation of the space; we will not be able to host art exhibitions at this time.
We are asking for two types of proposals:
- Meantime pop-ups: performances, workshops, events, one time activations
- Meantime Artist Residency: projects to be made at the ICA in July & August using the museum as a studio space.
Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We request that proposals are submitted no later than May 21, 2023. Applicants should hear back June 2, 2023. Due to the high volume of applications, we will only reach out to those moving forward in the process.
- Bay Area Based
- Timeframe: July 2023 - August 2023
- Budget: $1500 Stipend, includes material costs
- Studio Availability: Wed, Sat, Sun 9am - 5pm / Thur, Fri 9am - 7pm
- 4/14 Application Window Opens
- 5/21 Application Deadline
- 6/2 Applicants hear back
- 7/10 Pop-ups + Artist Residency begin
- 8/27 Pop-ups + Artist Residency closes
Applications for Meantime Summer 2023 are closed.
Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We request that proposals are submitted no later than May 21, 2023. Applicants should hear back June 2, 2023.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only reach out to those moving forward in the process.
*If your program is selected, we will schedule a meeting to discuss specific needs and how we can support it.